Women In Defense Women’s History Month Celebration
And Presentation of the Service to the Flag Award to the Honorable Carolyn H. Becraft
For complete event information, please click here.
Join your peers at the inaugural WID National Women’s History Month celebration
Women in Defense (WID) is holding this inaugural event on March 10, 2013, in Arlington, VA, to celebrate Women’s History Month, and present the Service to the Flag Award. Registered attendees are invited to tour the Women in Military Service to America Memorial; the only major national memorial honoring the women who have served in our nation’s defense, during all eras, and in all services. After attendees have toured the memorial, WID will then bestow its prestigious Service to the Flag Award to the Honorable Carolyn H. Becraft. At the end of the awards presentation, attendees are invited to stay for the brunch reception.
Attendees of this event will...
- Experience the fellowship of women and men who support the advancement and recognition of women in all aspects of national security
- Enjoy the heritage of WID by meeting past and present leaders
- Meet and hear from the award recipient, the Honorable Carolyn Becraft
- Tour the Women’s Memorial and learn about the women who have served our nation
- Enjoy the spirit of camaraderie with WID peers in a unique venue
Celebrating Women’s History Month
Women’s History Month, officially observed since March of 1987, is a celebration of women’s contributions to history, culture, and society. Taking one month out of the year to honor and recognize women’s accomplishments, throughout our history, helps to increase consciousness and spread awareness of the progress and advancement of women in our society. This is the perfect event to honor and celebrate the courageous, selfless, and dedicated women of our past, present, and future.