Women In Defense is a Community of Professionals
WID traces its roots to 1979 when a group of women saw the need for women in the defense industry and military to have a network to expand their knowledge of national security issues and the defense community. Membership in WID is open to professional women and men whose primary professional activities relate to national security. Members are typically from defense companies and other businesses, both small and large; all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, plus federal government agencies; and academia, associations, and professional services.
Benefits Help Your Career, Your Organization
Through membership, you gain:
- a framework for networking and introductions that makes it easier to meet fellow defense and national security professionals at the national and local levels
- educational and professional development opportunities that are designed with the time constraints of busy professionals in mind
- a list of your WID peers in the Membership Directory and a WID member pin to distinguish your affiliation
- membership in the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA)—a $30 value; includes a subscription to the monthly magazine National Defense
- member rates at events of WID plus NDIA and Affiliates that will quickly save you more than the price of WID membership dues
- a way to give back to the profession through developing educational/networking events, mentoring, or community service activities
- a source for scholarships
- a discounted rate for job vacancy postings through our Monster Career Services Portal— http://ndia.monster.com —helps you find qualified applicants. Professionals have free access to the job opportunities listings.
Chapter membership is a valuable benefit of belonging to WID because of the local business and professional contacts and knowledge available. Members are automatically assigned to the nearest geographic chapter, based on zip code. Chapter membership does not require an additional dues payment.
Chapters host programs in cooperation with local industry interest or military installations, provide professional development and leadership opportunities, and support community-based charitable endeavors, members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and defense-related educational pursuits. No additional dues payment is required for chapter membership.
To learn about WID chapters, visit http://wid.ndia.org/chapters
WID offers complimentary three-year memberships to all currently-serving military and government employees.
Download/View/Print the application and submit by fax or mail.
|Life Membership Dues
|Government & Military (3year)
To Change Your Profile or Renew Your Membership Online